In Medicinos Bankas, bank accounts in litas and foreign currency can be opened for all business customers, registered in the Republic of Lithuania or abroad.
When holding a bank account, you can:
- Transfer moneys in litas or foreign currency to other bank accounts;
- Perform regular payments to various payees;
- Perform transactions of direct debit;
- Receive moneys in litas and foreign currencies from other banks;
- Pay in cash at bank cash desk;
- Supplement your account with cash, by encashing it from customer objects;
- Take cash at bank cash desk;
- Buy or sell foreign currency;
- Buy cashier’s or traveller’s cheques;
- Encash personal or cashier’s cheques;
- Perform other financial operations.
How a Bank Account Can Be Opened?
You have to visit the nearest client servicing divisions or branch. It will be necessary to have the documents listed below.
Regulations for payment services provision
A legal person registered in the Republic of Lithuania shall submit the following:
- An extract from the State Enterprise Centre of Registers;
- Statute (regulations, articles of association) of the legal person. In case of individual enterprise established before 01-01-2004 and holding no regulations registered in the register of legal entities, it shall not be submitted. Economic partnership shall submit joint activity agreement of the partnership including any changes of the legal person;
- Decision of the body of the legal person on appointment (election) of manager of the legal person;
- Authorization of legal person, when the legal person is represented not by its manager but by an authorized person (agent);
- Representative of legal person shall submit a personal identity document;
- Representative of legal person shall have, when opening an account, the seal of the legal person;
- The Client Form (for legal persons) set by the bank and details of the legal person's shareholders (private person or a group).
Legal person registered abroad shall submit:
- The legal persons’ registration certificate or equivalent document, evidencing its registration and showing name of the legal person, its registered address and data on registration or other validation of activity;
- Statute (regulations, articles of association) of the legal person and any amendments of such documents;
- The Client Form (for legal persons) set by the bank, which should contain information on actual owners of the beneficiaries who hold 25% and more of its authorized capital, and, in case the registration documents of the legal person contain information on formal owners, to indicate data on these owners;
- Permission from central bank of the foreign state where the legal person is registered to open account in other state, when this is required by legislation of the foreign state where the legal person is registered;
- Decision of body of the legal person on appointment (election) of manager of the legal person;
- Authorization to represent the legal person, validated by notary public or other official of the foreign state, when bank account agreement is signed by an authorized person.
All the above documents shall be submitted together with translations to Lithuanian and legalized or have the Apostille certificate.
Correctness of translation of the documents to Lithuanian shall be confirmed with signature of the translator, validated by a notary public of the Republic of Lithuania.
Representative of legal person shall additionally submit:
- Personal identity document;
- Seal of the legal person.
Farmers, advocates, advocate’s assistants, notaries public and bailiffs shall additionally produce the following documents:
- Farmer – farm registration certificate;
- Advocate – certificate allowing to engage in advocate activities and advocate certificate;
- Advocate’s assistant – decision of Lithuanian Bar Association on inclusion of the advocate’s assistant into list of Lithuanian advocate’s assistants and certificate of advocate’s assistant;
- Notary public – certificate of notary public and order of Minister of Justice of the Republic of Lithuania on appointment to position of notary public;
- Bailiff – certificate allowing to engage in bailiff’s activity, bailiff certificate and order of Minister of Justice of the Republic of Lithuania on appointment to position of bailiff.
Farmers or advocate’s assistants, when they hold a seal, shall produce it as well.
To open a cumulative account, founders of legal person shall additionally submit:
- Foundation agreement or foundation deed, and when economic partnership is founded – joint activity agreement;
- Authorization to open cumulative account for the founded company (when this is not stipulated in foundation agreement or foundation deed);
- Authorized person shall submit to the bank an acceptable personal identity document.
When opening an account, the following 2 forms shall also be filled:
- Account opening application;
- Card of signatures and seal samples.
Bank accounts are opened by making a bank account agreement.
Management of bank accounts is also possible with the help of Internet banking system.
How to Become a User of Internet Banking System?
If you want to manage your accounts using the Internet banking system, you will have to make with the bank the agreement on online management of account and to get familiar with the service rules. If you do not have a bank account or the agreement on online management of account, please visit your nearest client servicing divisions or branch. It is necessary to have with you the documents listed above.