Compulsory motor third party liability insurance is the insurance of passenger cars, trucks, buses, trolleybuses, motorcycles, scooters, trailers and other self-propelled mechanisms used in road traffic.
If you cause an accident and are recognized guilty or assume the guilt, motor third party liability insurance will cover the damage to the victims of the accident.
Who should get CMTPL insurance and what are the terms and conditions of the insurance?
• The coverage is provided:
– for third persons who have sustained damage caused when driving a vehicle;
– for the liability of the drivers using the indicated vehicle;
– the insurance benefit is not paid for the damage caused to the driver, his/her vehicle and the property in the vehicle.
• Territory of the coverage:
– regular insurance agreement is valid in EU countries, European Economic Area countries, and Switzerland;
– the Green Card provides insurance coverage in other countries in the Green Card system;
– border insurance agreement is valid in EU countries, European Economic Area countries, and Switzerland;
– insurance agreement issued in other EU countries are recognized in the Republic of Lithuania.
• Actions of the customer in case of an accident:
– inform the police (if necessary) or fill in the Traffic Accident Declaration;
– in case of an accident, call the short number 1626.
More information here.
How to conclude an insurance agreement?